Top 5 things to consider before remodeling your kitchen: The Latest Trends
by Rudy Niño
The fact of the matter is that trends drive sales. Consumers are more cautious about what they purchase; the successful companies will be those that can offer them something different, relevant and on-trend with today?s current marketplace conditions.
Remodeling your kitchen?
- Interested in the latest trends in kitchen décor and technology.
- The latest and greatest products will both enhance the style of your kitchen and make cooking more convenient.
- Styles, spaces, and gadgets that work best for how you use the kitchen are current decorating themes.
- Unique and edgy décor are also popular.
- Kitchen designing is highly specialized and complex.
- An authorized kitchen designer is imperative, in conjunction with an interior designer, an architect or alone.
- Kitchen designers think about the little things that can become big if not anticipated -- like the placement of outlets, size and shape of appliances and proper storage spaces.
- They know about kitchen trends, innovations and specific manufacturer details; they keep abreast of the frequent changes, finishes and options offered by the many companies that will be a part of your kitchen.
- The average homeowner spends over 19 hours a week in their kitchen.
- Most common lighting fixtures found in today's kitchens are
- Drop-down or pendant,
- Under cabinet and ceiling.
The newest trend in cabinets is: Personalized storage: Country and European looks.
- Cherry strongest
- Maple strong
- Birch popular as well.
- Dark woods - forward-looking design,
- Lighter colors still in great demand,
- Wider-than-ever array of drawer pulls,
- Wider-than-ever array of drawer pulls, doorknobs, and other hardware.
- Open shelves,
- built-in wine rack,
- china displays, or a wall of cubby holes,
- Roll-out trays,
- lid holders,
- bread boxes,
- Chef-style cooking equipment
- Six-burner gas cook tops with front controls
- Ranges that measure up to four-feet wide.
- Refrigerators with exterior drawers,
- Warming drawers,
- built-in steamers,
- Barbecue grills on the cook top.
- Composite sinks,
- under-mount installation;
- Solid surface,
- ceramic tile
- High arc faucets - Tri-flow brushed nickel faucets
- Pull-down spouts w/"pause" button
- pull-out side sprays
Color -- [From the Color Marketing Group]
- Lion King - Regal gold recalls exotic jungle beasts and distant Moroccan markets. Metallic yellows.
- Cinder Blue-Silver pushes this mechanical blue toward cool grays.
- Soda Green - with a thirst-quenching twist, this soothing green calms and illuminates
- Root Beer-This rich brown bubbles up copper undertones.
- Iron Ore-ange-Copper merges with orange to create a mature and sophisticated background with ethnic undertones. Vibrant oranges-reds.
Handling The Remodeling "Extras"
Remodeling Can Breathe New Life Into Your Home
Tile -- A Simple Guide to a Beautiful Remodeling Material
Think of Your Kitchen as the "Heart" of Your Home
The Consulting Engineer and Your Remodeling Project
The Average American Home Turns 34 Years Old
Use Care When Hiring to Re-Build Your Home
Remodeling fever hitting San Antonio homeowners
Know the Signs: Avoid Remodeling Mistakes
Universal Design: A Remodeling Solution for All
- Designer slate & limestone tile.
- Hardwood-oaks & Bamboo
Copyright 1997-2019 SA Building & Remodeling. All Rights Reserved.
20540 HWY 46 W. #115-107 • Spring Branch, TX 78070 • (210) 723-2616
Serving San Antonio, Austin, and the Texas Hill Country.
CRoW Creative & Technical